2-year contract position
- Payments Processing
- Work closely with the Financial Controller on the implementation of effective financial systems with regards to financial payments and processing
- Assist in maintaining internal control systems with regards to payments processing
- Ensure staff, implementing partners and consultants adhere to procurement procedures stipulated in the Financial Policies and Procedures Manual and development partner contracts.
- Ensure expenditure is in line with approved budgets, guidelines, procurement, and financial procedures.
- Ensure appropriate authorization is received before payments on any goods or services.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is checked and attached to payment requisitions.
- Prepare payment vouchers for duly approved transactions.
- Capture payments in the online banking platform.
- Process and follow up on business travel advances, retirements, and reimbursements.
- File all supporting documentation related to payments in a timely and standardized manner.
- Budgeting and Reporting
- Maintain financial and accounting records including cashbooks.
- Ensure that the chart of accounts, accounting books are consistent and matching the financial and management reporting requirements.
- Implement the financial management guidelines and internal control together with the Financial Controller.
- Lead in collecting, registering and maintaining information on changes in financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure all accounting transactions are accurately and completely recorded in the accounting software (PASTEL) based on valid supporting vouchers with full authorization by Financial Controller.
- Support the Financial Controller in preparing and revising the annual budget, quarterly budget and cost estimation for project activities.
- Ensure the efficient cash flow position of the program.
- Prepare financial report and fund request according to standards
- Support Financial Controller in providing financial and accounting information to the external auditor, tax authorities and other authorities with financial issues.
- Maintain records of income received and/or transferred to other offices.
- Reconcile debtors, advances and creditors accounts monthly and follow up the same.
- Petty Cash
- Deal with all issues surrounding petty cash payments, recording and replenishment.
- Ensure petty cash balances are properly registered, monitored, replenished and reported.
- Provide monthly summaries for all petty cash expenditures including coding transactions as per budget and chart of accounts.
Position only applicable to residents from Botswana
Please state your salary expectation on the application
CVs can be send to [email protected]