Bayport Financial Services is looking for an Assistant Accountant. This role requires someone who is professional, motivated, and energetic. They should also possess a high level of customer centricity.
The post is tenable in Gaborone
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare the payroll for all commission earning staff ensuring timely payment
- Prepare the relevant payroll journal entry for review by the Assistant Financial Accountant
- Maintain all commission related accounts and preparing monthly reconciliations
- Attend to agent queries timeously.
- Performing the designated bank reconciliation statements on a monthly basis.
- Data capture into the company’s accounting system.
- Management of accounts payable processing into the company’s accounting system
- Performing monthly individual supplier reconciliations.
- Making foreign exchange denominated supplier payments.
- Making payments to local suppliers.
- Verify supporting documents for validity, accuracy and completeness, and capture the payments and/or receipts on the accounting system.
- Processing of rental payments
- Performing the IAS 17 adjustments based on current lease agreements
- Ensuring that rental payments are made for new offices occupied and working with Operations to ensure that deposits on old premises are received
- Ensuring the WHT on rental is made and recorded in the correct ledger
- Prepare the IAS 39 computation and process related journal entries
- Prepare the Loan Book reconciliation on a monthly basis and ensure unexplained differences are minimal.
- Internal controls, systems and procedures
- Risk identification
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Participate in the external audit process
- To perform any other duties of a permanent nature or temporary nature as assigned by the supervisor.
Skills & Competencies:
- Customer Oriented
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply accounting knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Academic Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in AAT
- 2-3 years in a financial services industry.
- VIP payroll software knowledge.
- Advanced Excel Training
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of IFRS
Closing date and application instructions
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a comprehensive application complete with curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 08 th November 2019 .
Bayport will enter into correspondence with only shortlisted candidates.