Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
To provide functional Human Resources Service in line with Human Resources policies and procedures
Key Job Responsibilities
- Interprets and advises employees on Human Resources policies, procedures and agreements as and when required.
- Conducts analysis of HR processes in the operational functional area highlighting problem areas and making recommendations to management
- Conducts initial inductions or onboarding of new employees by taking them through the employment requirements and HR policies and procedures
- Provides a recruitment service to ensure operations are optimally manned by Analysing staffing levels and advice line management, Short listing applications in preparations for selection, Arranging and interviewing prospective employees
- Implements internal audit action plans in area of responsibilty and ensures that deviations are rectified.
- Tracks decisions and changes on various HR related issues for proactive avoidance and resolution of anomalies/queries
- Facilitates labour forecast in area of responsipilty according to business unit needs
- Maintains and ensures compliance to employee separation process according to agreements and company policies
- Provides guidance in the development and grading of job descriptions for respective deparments.
- Conducts and verifies pay and benefits calculations in line with company pay philosophy to comply with payroll / salary administration directives and ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Maintains HR information systems by maintaining employee records and other relevant documentation, inputing and extracting information from various systems, identifying incongruences and taking corective action to ensure accuracy
Other Job Responsibilities
- Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets
- Adheres to all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility
- Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences
3 years post graduate experience in an HR operations environment
Legal Certification/Professional Registration
- Organisation & Relationship Management/building
- Integrity and Accountability
- Innovation and Initiative
- Conflict Resolution
- Customer/Quality Focus
- Financial Focus
- (SU_S)_Business Acumen (2)
- (SU_S)_Change Leadership (1)
- (SU_S)_Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment (4)
- (SU_S)_Developing Others (3)
- (SU_S)_Impact & Influence (2)
- (SU_S)_Innovation (2)
- (SU_S)_Managing Performance and Holding People Accountable (4)
- (SU_S)_Planning, Coordination and Execution (3)
- (SU_S)_Service Orientation (3)
- (SU_S)_Teamwork & Collaboration (2)
Closing Date: 22 August 2023
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.
Job Segment: Payroll, HR, Compliance, Relationship Manager, Internal Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Customer Service, Legal