Motheo Copper Mine, Ghanzi, BOTSWANA
This position is responsible for developing and implementing an occupational hygiene programme in accordance with legislation and company requirements, to ensure that occupational hygiene risks to mine personnel are minimized.
Key Performance Areas
- Facilitate the mine Occupational Hygiene risk assessment and ensure implementation of management programmes.
- Carry out Occupational Hygiene monitoring.
- Provide assistance and training to catering contract representative personnel to carry out food safety inspections and in accordance with the schedule, complete some of the inspections.
- Participate in the development of the Occupational Risk profiles and similar exposure groups.
- Advise line management on compliance to Occupational Hygiene requirements and develop appropriate management reports.
- Identify training needs, develop and implement Occupational Hygiene training and awareness programmes.
- Provide input into new structures, buildings, installations and plant and integrate Occupational Hygiene requirements into the design.
- Carry out Occupational Health and Hygiene Internal audits in line with applicable Sandfire and best practice standards.
- Capture and analyse Occupational Hygiene data in appropriate data storage and information management systems.
- Prepare concise and professional written reports ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Develop and review occupational hygiene management plans and procedures.
- Provide health and hygiene technical support and advice.
- Occupational Hygiene risk management
- Occupational Hygiene monitoring
- Performance reporting
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong written and oral communication
- Confidence to challenge status quo, rationalise and suggest solutions.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage conflicting priorities.
- Autonomous, self-starter with initiative
- Quick learner
- “Can do,” team orientated attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health or equivalent
- Noise Officer
- Ventilation Officer
- SAIOH registration will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years as an Occupational Hygiene Officer / Hygienist in Mining environment or similar.