Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership is a collaborative research and training initiative between government of Botswana and the Harvard School of Public Health. BHP is dedicated to fight HIV/AIDS and related public health challenges through collaborative research, education and capacity building. Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership invites professional, assertive, hands on, results driven individuals, with good interpersonal skills and a keen interest in research to apply for the above role.
Reporting directly to the Pharmacy Coordinator, the pharmacist will be responsible for providing end-to-end pharmacist duties at BHP Clinical Research Sites (CRS) such as:
- Implementing efficient pharmacist technical procedures, which include: ordering, receipting, storage management, dispensing, retrieval of unused products and dispositioning.
- Adhering to confidentiality principles for all study protocols, study participants, participants’ records and Investigator Drug Brochures.
- Implementing Quality Assurance Standards in accordance with Investigational Pharmacy Service.
- Maintaining accurate records management for audits, as well as, local regulatory agents, DAIDS and study sponsors.
- Responsible for training and advising on all investigational Products, Potential adverse effects, Drug interactions and Medical adherence.
- Working closely with other study team members including pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, physicians and nurses to ensure adherence to study protocols.
- May be required to travel between clinical sites to perform day to day medication dispensing to study participants and study product accountability.
- Dispensing study drugs and concomitant medicines to trial participants according to protocol specific SOP’s.
- Maintaining Inventory Management for ARV products.
Qualification & Experience
- Degree in Pharmacy,
- Current registration with Botswana Health Professions Council,
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to maintain an efficient study product management system.
- Kitso training is an added advantage
- Team Work
- Interpersonal skills
- 1 year post pharmacy internship experience
[email protected] or alternatively mail to
Human Resources and Operations Manager
Botswana Harvard Aids Institute Partnership
Private Bag BO 320
Closing Date for applications: 23 rd April 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.