Overview of role
A leading retail and franchise organisation with representation across Botswana – Famous Brands and Trading as Retail Group is looking for a highly qualified Financial Director to lead the business from a financial and strategic perspective. Over and above managing the finance team the role requires key leadership over the wider business.
- Financial reporting to shareholders
- Managing the various Brands Marketing funds from a Financial perspective, as well as the review and approval of Marketing expenditure, as well as Annual Budgets.
- Maintaining continuous Financial Audit and Control systems to monitor the performance of the Group
- Annual budgets, Financial plans, Business plans, feasibility studies and investment
- Overseeing the annual Financial Audit, including reporting deadlines and requirements
- Managing the insurance cover of the group, including renewals, claims, risk exposure, etc.
- Coordinating regular stock take and cash float checks across all stores.
- Ensuring statutory requirements are met and that statutory records are kept up to date.
- Accounting software development and technologies that can streamline the business.
- Foreign exchange management, hedging exchange rate benefits and maintaining FOREX cash flow needs.
- Strategic level involvement and meeting with stakeholders.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- 5 years' experience in financial leadership role, ideally in the retail industry.
- Chartered Accountant or CIMA qualification required.
Closing date and application instructions
To apply follow the link below:https://www.hrmc.co.bw/vacancies/vacancy_financial_director_748821_31.html