The position provides a high level of professional administrative support to the Station Manager- South Africa and Ground Services to ensure excellence in customer experience and service delivery across the Organisation and Stakeholders. The position analyses and collates information in order to provide executive support to the Station Manager (S.A).
The position collects revenue payments accruing to Air Botswana and remit to Head Office in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with approved financial management procedures and ensures that customers are billed appropriately.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities (Key Performance Areas)
- Provide support to the Management and Leadership of Customer and Ground Services team as required.
- Co-ordinate relevant staff responses and/or input into projects, programs, reports, correspondence and corporate issues.
- Support the Station Manager (S.A) by proactively responding to enquiries from Line Management, HODs, EXCO, Staff, Stakeholders and other customers with a high level of discretion, maturity, diplomacy and judgement ensuring exceptional customer experience.
- Ensures that all revenue collected is banked daily.
- Attends to billing queries from various customers and liaises with Section Accountant – Accounts Receivable on all billing queries
- Assists with the reconciliation of daily sales for the outstation
- Assists the relevant outstation authorities with the implementation and interpretation of Air Botswana’s financial procedures at the outstation
- Assists the Section Accountant – Treasury in producing relevant accounts and reconciliations for outstation revenue
- Assists the Section Accountant – Accounts Receivable with processing documentation for outstation creditors payments accounting and reconciliations in liaison with Head Office, including staff per-diems, external creditors
- Assists the Section Accountant – Treasury with processing of petty cash documentation for the outstation in liaison with Head Office, including petty cash payment vouchers for authorization, inputting receipts and vouchers into the computerised petty cash payment system, and balancing petty cash and requests for replenishment
- Assists the Accountant – Treasury with preparation and submission of periodic Accounting Reports (monthly, quarterly, annual) as and when required to provide financial information and trends about aeronautical and non- aeronautical revenue status and identification of possible revenue sources to enhance the airline’s revenue status
- Enforce a strong safety and/or security culture in the workplace
- Follow up matters arising at such meetings on behalf of Station Manager (S.A).
- Ensures that the department complies with all the Botswana and International regulations as stipulated in the CAAB CARS and technical standards as stipulated in CAAB CATS
- Accountable for own performance planning and achievement of business plans
Minimum Education Required
- A recognized Degree in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration, Social Sciences or equivalent. Professional Membership an added advantage.
Minimum Experience Required
- A minimum of four years (4) post qualification experience, two (2) of which should have been in a position in related field.
Required Competencies (Technical and Behavioural)
Strategic Thinking, Planning and Organising, Process Improvement and Optimisation, Customer Focus, Commercial Awareness, Standard Operating Procedures, Stakeholder Management, Regulatory Compliance, Leadership and Direction & Manages Complexity.